Welcome to the Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah District.
Our district serves youth in McDonald, Jasper, Newton, Lawrence, and Barry counties. We currently serve just over 1,500 youth in 80 units and have over 200 adult volunteers providing a quality program to our youth. It is our goal to give every available youth the opportunity to join Scouting and benefit from this AMAZING character building, life skills developing, and values/morals based program.
For information on joining Scouts or to start a new program near your home contact Bryon Haverstick or go to www.beascout.org for a unit near you!
by clicking here: Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah Facebook Page
What's Going On In NKGH?
1. March Roundtable announcements are here: March 2014 RT Announcements. April 8 Roundtable will be at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Granby at 7 PM like normal. May 13 and June 10 Roundtables will be at Frank Childress Scout Reserevation and will be POT LUCK..so bring a side dish. We will BBQ hamburgers/hotdogs at each Roundtable. We will take the month of July off and August-December will be held in Joplin at a location to be determined.
2. Friends of Scouting for 2014 has kicked off and we are already at 62% of our $54,000 goal and have until June 30 to reach our goal!
3. Cub Scout Twilight Shooting Sports Camp Leaders Manual and Registration forms are here:
2014 Twilight Camp Leaders Manual Since this is a shooting sports camp, most of our staffing needs will have to complete Cub Scout Shooting Sports Training to assist. Please let Shannon Johnson know if you are willing to help at 417-529-7651! May 1st is the EARLY BIRD DEADLINE fore the $25 rate!
Check out the winners of the Pack 333 Pinewood Derby:
First place Pack Brady S., 2nd place Aiden E., 3rd place Aiden M. They are excited for the district race March 29!!
4. NKGH District Achieves Journey to Excellence Gold in 2013 for the second year in a row!! Check out our scorecard: 2013_JTE_District_Gold
5. Leader Training is VITAL to the success of the Scouting program! All Leaders need to be trained by Dec 2013 (this includes all leaders minus the Charter Org. Rep and Unit Committee). Training will be offered at the MSSU, Franklin Tech, Crowder College, and Greenbush MBU's later this year!!!
|High 5 to these three adult leaders who received the District Award of Merit at the District Adult Recognition Family BBQ in March! Not pictured is Rodney Bechdoldt who received the Wanda Harrold Award for being the Cub Scout Leader of the Year and Robbie Robertson for receiving the Tom Harrison Award for the Scout Leader of the Year!
6. Family Friends of Scouting dates WERE DUE by January Roundtable. Please fill out this form and turn in ASAP: Family FOS Presentation Sign Up Form
7. The district needs 388 youth for our year end goals as of March 28, 2014! This means we retained approximately 74% of our youth this year at re-charter time!!
8. Rendezvous registrations are going on now. Space is filling up; we have over 600 people attending so far! Head to www.boyscoutrendezvous.com for more info!
9. Cub Scout Resident Camp at Frank Childress Scout Reservation registrations are going on now! This is an awesome opportunity put on by the Childress Properties Committee. Click here for more details: Circle C Ranch Round Up
10. Calendar dates for August 2014-July 2015 are already posted for the district! They will be distributed in the calendars at the May Roundtable but here is a sneak peek! NKGH 2014-15 Dates
Hooked on Scouting Recruitment Night will be Thursday, August 21st!!!
Start planning now!!!!! Secure your locations, figure out staffing needs, find someone to bring snacks, develop your plan, and get ready to recruit!!!!! Let's have another record year!!!
||Troop 77 raised $2,220 in Friends of Scouting donations this year! 98% increase over last years giving! 13 donors earned a new council patch and the troop gets free rank advancement for the year!!! Well done!!
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR DATABASE:
Merit Badge Counselors for NKGH can be found here: Merit Badge Release 2-20-14
Contact information for District Advancement Team can be found in the "Who to Contact" page on the left.