Welcome to the Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah District.
Our district serves youth in McDonald, Jasper, Newton, Lawrence, and Barry counties. We currently serve just over 1,400 youth in 80 units and have over 200 adult volunteers providing a quality program to our youth. It is our goal to give every available youth the opportunity to join Scouting and benefit from this AMAZING character building, life skills developing, and values/morals based program.
For information on joining Scouts or to start a new program near your home contact
Bryon Haverstick or go to www.beascout.org for a unit near you!
by clicking here: Nih-Ka-Ga-Hah Facebook Page
What's Going On In NKGH?
1. October Roundtable announcements are here: October 2013 RT Announcements. We will be having a 2nd RT in October on 10/22 at 7 PM at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Aurora at 7 PM!
2. Friends of Scouting is at 98%! $1,100 left to raise!
3. Franklin Tech/MSSU MBU and Crowder MBU Registrations is now LIVE: FTC-MSSU Registration Packet v2 & Crowder College MBU Registration Packets
4. Cub Scout Leader Day Camp for 2014 takes a new approach! Evening hours and shooting sports!!---> Cub Scout Day Camp 2014 Save The Date
5. Popcorn Sales started September 28...show and sell product returns are 10-25 (no chocolate can be returned)..take order form and prizes are due by midnight 10-28.
6. School Night to Join Scouting was a huge success! We achieved 2013 year end growth over 2012 year end in one night! We are showing a 4% membership increase over 2012 through October 10! Great job NKGH District and Membership Chairmen John Riediger!
7. Welcome Gary McKinney as our District Training Chairman, Jim Judd as our District Activities Chairmen and Alan Purcell and Gary Smith as our newest Unit Commissioners!
8. Leader Training is VITAL to the success of the Scouting program! All Direct Contact Leaders need to be trained by Dec 2013 (this includes all leaders minus the Charter Org. Rep and Unit Committee). Check out the upcoming trainings--->Leader Training Oct 5 Nov 9 and 23
9. Matt Hutchison, Eagle Scout and current Unit Commissioner was honored with the Honor Medal with Crossed Palms on September 14th at Camp Crowder in Neosho at the closing campfire. Only 277 of these awards have been given out since 1938! It is the highest heroism award given by the BSA!
10. Info on the Webelos in the Woods/Trail to Eagle Campout can be found here!
11. Check out the info on our Scout Day at MSSU Football vs Lindenwood Belleville on Nov. 9--->MSSU Scout Day
12. The holiday season will be here before you know it and a great way to help our community (and earn service hours) is by ringing bells for the Salvation Army. You can go to their website at www.ringbells.org and sign up for a date, time, and location to ring all on their website. If you must speak to a rep from the Salvation Army, you can contact Aly O'Dell at 417-624-4528 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR DATABASE:
Merit Badge Counselors for NKGH can be found here: Merit Badge Counselors 9-30-13
Contact information for District Advancement Team can be found in the "Who to Contact" page on the left.